Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I Love the Internet!!!!

Okay, maybe four exclamation points was more than necessary, but truly, I do love the Internet. Whatever did we do, back in the dark ages, without it?

Example #1: The exhaust fan in the master bathroom went kaput the other day. It had been threatening to do so for awhile, and then finally made good on such threat. So, I went to Home Depot, bought another, and insisted to Ernie that it would be easy to replace. Not as easy as I thought! We were stuck (since the instructions only explained how to install a new one, not replace an existing one), so we headed to Google. Ernie found a video to show the steps, which included me crawling around the attic (Ernie is claustrophobic). Not wanting to have to do that much work, Ernie continued his search until he found that we could order just the motor through Amazon. (I thought it would be impossible, since the fan is ancient.) For $16.99 (rather than $72) we could get just the part we needed, in 3-5 business days, no less. Yay! No crawling around the attic for me!

Example #2: The mall in Bellingham is ridiculously small. Even the stores, and therefore their product selections, are small. I went to Bath and Body Works in search of travel-size lotion and body wash for our upcoming vacation. While they do have those items, they have them only in a few scents, and none that I wanted. So, off to their website I went and found what I was looking for, and on sale!

Oh, I could go on and on! But to save you from boredom (and so Ernie doesn't find out just how much Internet shopping I do - just kidding honey) I will stop here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with you Quinn, it's great. My new favorite tool is ebates... Have you heard of it? You just register yourself, then before shopping online, go through this site. It credits back a percentage of your purchase, and then gives you cash or certificates to spend at online stores. I'm sure they are tracking your habits, etc. but who cares! I've earned over $40!

Quinn said...

Fabulous tip, thank you Tanya! I will check it out!