Ernie is currently enjoying his first summer off! He just finished his first year of teaching elementary life skills at Broad View Elementary in Oak Harbor. Whew! (The picture is from his first day of school.) He has around 10 students (his class list for next year isn't set yet) with severe disabilities. For instance, two of his students have severe autism and do not have verbal communication skills. His job is full of challenges, for sure. But his job is also very rewarding, which makes up for all of those challenges. He loves it!
This summer, Ernie's plans include catching up on movies he hasn't seen and beating as many video games as possible. Oh, and tackling the lawn and other *FUN* projects that I come up with.
1 comment:
Way to go!!! I just started ours yesterday. Glad I'm not the only one "just" starting! =)
Post a Comment