We kept a lookout for The Big Hungry Bear who would be tromping through the forest to come find and eat our strawberries. Lucky for us, he never showed.
The farm we went to asks customers to pick at least three pounds of berries. Wanting to meet our quota, we picked plenty of strawberries. So many, we ended up with over ten pounds. Not knowing how to make jam (or wanting to, frankly) we froze the strawberries whole. What a treat they will be (at least for Ernie and Sophia, as I am not a fan) come fall and winter when strawberries are no longer in season!
3 comments:
Quinn,
What a fun adventure! Sophia is such a cutie!
Tara
I can't believe you like that book! It is so manipulative! To me it sounds like a big brother or sister trying to take advantage of the poor unsuspecting mouse.
Terrible.
:)
And here I thought it taught about sharing. Maybe I should burn it? :)
Post a Comment