I think one of the best advantages to Ernie having the summer off is that he becomes Errand Boy. I mean, Errand Man.
During the school year, it is customary for one weekend day to be devoted to tidying the house and running errands. Now that Ernie has all day, every day, available, grocery shopping has been delegated to him to accomplish on a weekday.
It is truly wonderful to have a husband who a) has the days off, b) is willing to use said days off to shop for groceries, and c) is so darn good at it! One of the reasons he is so good at grocery-shopping is that he used to work at a grocery store, and let me tell you, he has an eye for deals. (Of course, that is probably an inherited trait as well, as his grandmother has been known to use sales and coupons to get things for nothing or practically nothing.)
What about other errands, you ask? Well, being the control freak that I am, I am not yet willing to relinquish those tasks yet. I'm not sure that Ernie is ready for shoe shopping for Sophia (I just bought her size 8's tonight!) or picking up my dry cleaning (for fear he might faint from the price).
Now, if I could just figure out a costume for Errand Boy, he would have something to wear to my friend's superhero costume party next weekend. I am open to suggestions...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How nice! I hear you on the "for fear he might faint" thing. Tyler doesn't want to even know what things cost. Groceries are his limit! Wayne has been in size 9's for awhile now, and I couldn't ever find socks for him. I realized last night that that was because he is NOT IN THE BABY section any longer, his socks are with the big boys! Where did the time go?
Oh, no, that is a sad day when you realize your child is no longer a "baby". Too soon, I say!
Post a Comment