Tuesday, July 28, 2009

HOT!!

I know that it's not breaking news, but man is it HOT around here! When I drove past the bank tonight at 6pm the sign said that it was 91 degrees in downtown Ferndale! We're doing the best we can to beat the heat around here.

Sophia, playing in the pool. Putting the slide into the water was completely her idea! And usually before we head out to the pool, she has a popsicle for snack. I figure it's not spoiling, it's survival!

Kaitlyn, sitting in her bouncy seat in just a onesie, with a cool, wet washcloth on her head. Poor thing. Her body still isn't great at moderating her temperature, and she has no way to express her displeasure with the heat except to cry.

Ernie, actually forgoing the widescreen HDTV in the living room for the smaller, slightly snowy, TV in the family room because it's cooler there. The living room has giant windows on one side, and two tall windows and the double doors (with windows) on the other side. Aesthetically pleasing, but HOT! Oh, and he is sitting in front of the fan, with his feet in a tub of ice water, sipping a bowl-full of iced tea!

And me? I'm actually pretty comfortable. Hot, yes. But barely breaking a sweat. I am wearing shorts and tank tops, and that helps. (For those who don't know, I do not generally wear shorts, since having Sophia. I never understood capri pants until I had children - no one wants to see the cellulite, stretch marks, and spider veins that have taken up residence on my thighs since being pregnant. And tank tops will not be worn in public - at least not lately with the farmer burn I'm sporting!)

2 comments:

Shari said...

I would be happy with 91 about now! It's 9 PM and it's 94 here. I don't even know how hot it got today. I love the slide into the pool. It's the problem solver in her!

Brenda said...

currently 105 in Portland... 106 yesterday... hoping to reach low 90s by the weekend. Of course, anything in the 90s or 100s is practically the same to a NW native... too hot! =)

Good luck with packing! Just think of how much easier it will be to be productive once the heatwave passes...