
Saturday was a big day for the Dickason girls. With Ernie gone to Seattle for the Sounders match, I decided to be brave and take the girls, by myself, to the Old Settlers Parade in Ferndale. I was nervous to go by myself, since once I was there, I was kinda stuck. If it didn't go well, I couldn't leave very easily. We sat with friends who have gone every year, and sat in the same spot (that they reserve for their group early in the morning!). I am grateful that they invited me to join them - one less thing to worry about!
Well, I needn't have worried, because everything went great! Sophia was well-behaved and stayed close to me, and was so patient while we waited for an hour for the parade to start. Kaitlyn slept through the waiting and part of the parade. Though partway through the parade she decided she'd had enough of her carseat and needed out. I was already hot, and then I got to hold a hot baby, covered by a blanket to keep her out of the sun. Yikes!

Sophia was so excited to go to the parade and get candy. Though I think my lectures about not being greedy with the candy hit a little too hard, because she was a bit timid when it came to candy collecting. I didn't mind though, because that means less candy in the house! (Most times I wouldn't mind having candy in the house because then I could have some too - but the candy they threw at the parade is not the kind of candy I like.)
I am so glad we went. Not only did we have fun, but I proved to myself that I could handle such an outing on my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment