Sunday, July 19, 2009
Canon in D
Kaitlyn has a crib soother toy that is an aquarium that plays music. Sophia loves it! If the door to Kaitlyn's room is open, Sophia is happy to go in there and turn on the music. (I am now second-guessing the wisdom of getting the aquarium with a remote, since Sophia loves to turn on the music with the remote, not always at the best time, and often forgets to turn it off.) Today while I was changing Katy, Sophia came in and turned on the music. She scrolled through the songs until she got to Canon in D, and then she started dancing. I nearly cried, as it brought back fond memories from my childhood. I remember many a visit to my grandma's house where she would play Canon in D on the piano with whoever was around to play the second part of the duet. And I would dance along. We had the same arrangement played on piano by two friends (one of them also Ernie's cousin!) as I walked down the aisle. It seems that the love of this song has been passed to another generation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It almost made me cry when I read about it. That's FOUR generations....so far!
Post a Comment