Sunday, July 19, 2009

She's on the Move!

Kaitlyn is moving! We lay her on her tummy for tummy time, and she scootches (that's the technical term) forward. She gets her legs under her, and pushes forward. She doesn't use her arms at all, in fact I think they just get in her way at this point. I really hope this doesn't mean that she'll be an early crawler/walker/etc because I'm happy to have her be immobile! Here she is before...

...and after.

Also, Katy is smiling actual, intentional smiles! I have tried on numerous occasions to capture one in a picture, but she is a little turkey and stops smiling as soon as I get the camera out. I guess she's learning from her big sister! Here's the best I can come up with so far, you can kind of see how she might turn the corners of her mouth into a smile int he next moment...

Katy cooed for the first time on Friday night! It is too sweet to hear a delicate, feminine noise from her. Until now, we've only heard cries and pig-like grunts.

She's growing and growing. She is topping the scales at 10.5 pounds, is out of newborn size diapers and is stretching the limits of her newborn size clothes. Last night I started washing the 0-3 month size clothes in preparation. Kaitlyn is already too long for the sleepers, so I know the rest of the clothes will be too small soon!

No comments: