Thursday, August 6, 2009

Nine is Fine!

Yesterday Ernie and I celebrated nine years of marriage! We went to Chuckanut Manor for dinner while my friend Michel babysat the girls. (Thanks again Michel!) Chuckanut Manor is a fancy restaurant (they have linen tablecloths and multiple forks!) situated on Chuckanut Bay. The view was beautiful, the service was excellent, and the food was wonderful!

I was nervous about whether I would find something on the menu that I liked, but when we got there and discovered that they have a kids menu, I knew I was safe. I chose the bacon cheeseburger, and it was good. Ernie enjoyed the early dinner special that included five courses, and he chose seafood saute for the main course. He also splurged and upgraded from the green salad to the whiskey crab soup (thanks again Michel for the suggestion!) and was glad that he did. He was able to keep his manners about him and refrain from licking the bowl, but it was tough.

As we sat down to dinner, we started to reminisce. We realized that nine years earlier at about the same time, I was zonked out in the car on the way to our honeymoon. We thought back to our years in youth group together, and how neither of us would have guessed that we would be married with two kids. We have had nine amazing years together and look forward to many more to come!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Quinn! Glad you were able to take time away from the girls and just enjoy each other.

The Hunter Family said...

Congratulations! I can't believe it has been 8 years for us either!
Suzanne