What was I thinking? This weekend we hosted (not just attended - that would have been easier!) two parties in two days.
On Saturday night we hosted my work Christmas party. We invited everyone to come and bring either an appetizer or dessert to share (so, no food prep for me!) and a gift for the White Elephant exchange. Also, new this year for the party was an ugly Christmas sweater contest. While I thought I had a sure win with my consignment store find, my co-worker's husband won hands-down. He decorated a green sweatshirt to look like a Christmas tree, complete with presents glued to the bottom. It was great, and I thought he deserved extra points just for wearing it.
On Sunday afternoon, our home was the site of our roommate's graduation party. Granted, we didn't do anything for this party except open the door, but it still added to the hectic-ness of our weekend. However, we were very happy to provide a place for the party! (And truth be told, I'd rather have two parties in one weekend and only deep-clean the house once, than have two parties in two weekends and have double the cleaning.) Unfortunately, because of the weather in Bellingham, most of the planned attendees were unable to make it to the party.
But the real doozie is detailed in the next post...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment