I also set up the Advent Wreath which was given to me by a co-worker who had an extra at home. On Sunday evening, before Sophia's bedtime, we read from the Bible and said a prayer after lighting the first candle for advent, symbolizing Hope. Ernie and I participated in this ceremony at our church growing up and wanted to continue it in our home. Hopefully, it will help Sophia to understand that Christmas is more than presents.
And new this year is my Willow Tree Nativity! I have had my eye on it for a few years, but was unwilling to spend the money to buy it. Ernie's parents bought two parts for me for Christmas last year, and I am so glad to be able to put it out.
Of course, there are also candles everywhere, which Sophia loves to help "turn on" and also blow out. Funny story: when a candle burned out recently she came to me and said "Uh oh mama, the candle not working." Luckily we don't have to worry about her getting into the candles. She burned herself on her first birthday candle, and I don't think she's forgotten.
No comments:
Post a Comment