Monday, December 22, 2008

I'm Sick of It!

The snow, that is. I know other people love it, but I'm tired of the whole mess. We got another 6 or so inches last night, so my plans to go to the office today have been canceled. I am grateful that my job is portable, and that I can work from home on my laptop and do not need to either brave the roads or take a sick day. But I'm a bit tired of being stuck at home.

Ernie and I were able to make it out of the house this weekend though, and it was wonderful (even if it was cold and for running errands). Ernie took off on Friday at lunch time to do his Christmas shopping (he only has to shop for me) and much-needed grocery shopping. He made it home okay, but did not make it up the driveway. He discovered that he had not shoveled enough of the lower driveway to get into the garage.

On Saturday I ventured out to get the last few things on my Christmas list, and to pick up a few more groceries that we decided we needed (and to take advantage of deals that had item limits). Target reminded me of Black Friday, with no carts available and one long line that fed to the cash registers as they became available. It was nuts! And the grocery store was a madhouse. I have never seen lines at the grocery store like I did on Saturday. Not only was it the Saturday before Christmas with shoppers buying everything they needed for their holiday meals, but also the day before more snow was predicted, so people were stocking up also. On the way home I stopped at The Woods coffee stand and picked up a treat for Ernie as a thank you for shoveling enough of the driveway to get into the garage (and of course got a drink for myself - hot chocolate, no caffeine).

The weather report is calling for highs around 30 degrees, and possibly more snow Tuesday afternoon/evening. We might get above freezing for a bit on Wednesday, but I'm not holding my breath. I just really want the weather and roads to clear up enough so our families can make it for Christmas!

No comments: