Monday, December 22, 2008

I changed my mind...

About the snow, that is. If there is enough snow in Bellingham to require closing my office, then I don't mind the snow so much. I got to have a snow day! I haven't had one of those since high school! (Well, I think we had a snow day when I was in high school. I know we had flood days, but those weren't fun since our house actually flooded.) I was able to get my Christmas cards done. And take a nap! It was glorious!

Then this afternoon the three of us ventured to the store since our friend said that the roads to and from the mall were passable (if not great). We made it back safe and sound thanks to Ernie's stellar snow driving. I am glad that he knows how to drive in the snow and has such confidence doing so. Another thing I'm grateful for about Ernie? His fabulous idea to pick up a movie at the video store! (I love Blockbuster online since we can turn in a movie at the store and pick out another one if we don't want to wait for the mail. How great is that?)

As much as I enjoyed the snow day though, I still would like the roads to clear up so that our families can make it safely to our house for Christmas.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I sure hope they make it Quinn! Tyler's been driving back and forth from Burlington taking our Jeep w/ 4 wheel drive. Hopefully it's clear enough now they can get through (he said tonight the roads were fine.)