Sophia LOVED the train set that Santa brought for her. Notice in the picture that her stocking is still full, sitting in the middle of the train table. We had to distract her from the train set just to get her to open more presents. I say Santa knew what he was doing, bringing her the train set!
While Sophia was occupied with Thomas and friends, the adults (Ernie's parents, grandparents, sister and brother-in-law, Ernie and me) went to work on breakfast - cinnamon butter braids. They are SO delicious! I buy them every year from whatever kid I can find that is selling them for a fundraiser. Another Christmas tradition in the Dickason house!
My mom came over for a couple of hours in the morning before heading to Portland to spend a few days with my sister and her kids. We had a relaxing morning of opening presents and eating treats. My dad and step-mom came over in the afternoon for more relaxation and dinner and more presents. And of course, we watched A Christmas Story - my favorite! We had a wonderful dinner, per our tradition, of ham, company potatoes, corn, and rolls. And of course, birthday cake and ice cream for dessert (we were celebrating Jesus' birthday after all!) After dessert we watched Kung Fu Panda - Sophia's gift from Ernie's sister and brother-in-law (okay, they watched and I slept).
We had a wonderful day with our families. I really couldn't have asked for better!
3 comments:
I agree Christmas was wonderful this year. We are so thankful for the opportunity to share it.
aww, that sounds like a great Christmas! I'm glad your house was full of so much love and fun for the holidays. Birthday cake for dessert is a great idea! I'll have to remember that one...
Post a Comment