Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas Eve was busy! Ernie's parents and grandparents made it to our house around 3:30pm, all in one piece. They said the worst parts of the drive were getting to the freeway, and getting from the freeway to our house. Ernie was nice enough to shovel the driveway for them, so they could get in and out of the house as easily as possible.

We did not make it to church for Christmas Eve service, as we were worried about the roads. But that is the only part of our Christmas tradition that didn't continue as normal. We had lasagna, salad, and French bread for dinner, as we do every year on Christmas eve (well, except the year I was pregnant with Sophia and I had an aversion to red sauce). I started this tradition because lasagna is an easy thing to either make or buy ahead, and is easy to clean up. I have too many other preparations for Christmas to worry about Christmas Eve dinner. Then we frosted cookies for Santa,

Sophia opened her Christmas Eve presents, Christmas PJs and a book (the idea is to keep her occupied!),

lit the candles on the advent wreath,

and hung the final ornament on the advent calendar.

Whew! Then it was time for Sophia to go to bed and for us parents to go to work. (Luckily construction was much easier this year!)

No comments: