That's right, the bugs are back. Argh! What does a girl have to do to get rid of these disgusting super-bugs? No, seriously, suggestions are welcome here.
After giving Sophia a bath on Tuesday night, I was combing her hair, and I saw one. Just one, thankfully, which meant that the problem had been caught early. So, after fighting my urge to cry, back in the bath she went, this time with the pesticide shampoo. Then a very thorough comb-through while watching Monsters Inc. Of course while I'm working on details, Ernie is working on laundry and vacuuming. I sent him to the store for a bottle of anti-lice spray to spray on everything that couldn't be washed, bagged-up, or vacuumed.
So, it was another late night for Sophia, by the time her hair was taken care of. Of course, she REFUSED to sleep without her Dora blankie and pillow, which were in the wash. Literally, the girl who loves to sleep would not sleep until the blankie and pillow were clean and available for use. Ernie and I set to work getting the house cleaned up and, hopefully, the bugs killed once and for all.
Then, just as we were heading to bed after midnight, Sophia woke up with a bad dream and a soaked diaper. So I got to change her sheets yet again, along with her clothes, and get her calmed down and back to sleep an hour later. We had a few hours of sleep before another bad dream hit (I think re-living the torture of being rinsed with the shower head - she hates it!) and it took another while for her to get to sleep.
Ernie had already put in for a sub for the next day, so that I could work (and save some sick leave, and get my work done since deadlines are rapidly approaching). The idea was for him to get up with Sophia and be the one to finish laundry the next day. However, in reality, the man snores, and doesn't hear Sophia until well after I've already woken up. So the plan for him to help Sophia so I could sleep didn't work out as well as we had hoped. But he did help once he did wake up, and he did do laundry the next day, so it worked in part.
I can't wait to get the utility bills after all of this laundry!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment