Monday night as I was combing through Sophia's hair to remove all bugs, nits, and eggs (and again Tuesday morning as I made SURE that all bugs, nits and eggs had been removed), even through her wailing, Sophia said "Thank You" for getting the bugs out of her hair. I nearly melted.
Sophia made me think of a verse that is sometimes difficult to follow: give thanks in all circumstances... (1 Thes 5:18) I was amazed at the way God was using my little girl to teach me. It is hard, in difficult times, to be thankful. But I was able to find some silver linings in our difficulty. I am grateful for a husband who is my teammate, and is willing to jump in and help out wherever he can. I am grateful that my house is now cleaner than it was before. I am grateful for a daughter who can be grateful even when miserable.
I figure I must be doing something right if my 2-1/2 year old can be thankful in the midst of hardship.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment