Ernie has always been a football fan. He has many fond memories of spending Saturdays and Sundays watching football with his dad. In fact, back in the day when college bowl games were all played on January 1st, they would program the TV to show only those channels that were showing a football game. But I digress…
Unlike many wives I know, I embrace football season. I know enough about it to follow a game and understand what’s going on. Okay, I’ll NEVER understand why any team runs the ball up the middle, but I understand the rest. (Seriously, do they not see the big pile of guys in the middle that will inevitably stop all forward progress of the ball? Am I the only one who sees this coming?) What’s more, is that it is actually FUN to sit down and watch a game or two with Ernie.
I’ve gotten the fever so bad that I even have a fantasy football team. It all started by default last year, when Ernie’s league needed one more team in order to do a live draft, literally at the last minute. He originally thought he would run both teams, but I objected. I was not about to let him sully my good reputation with a (possibly) mediocre fantasy team. No, if that team was going down, it was going to be of MY doing, not his. Well, I made it to the playoffs – I beat out a few boys to get there! Now I’m hooked, and I have a team again this year. (Please see my team's record on the left.) I still don’t know who most of my players are, but I’m trying. I don’t think I’ll ever get to the point where I do research or participate in a live draft (Yahoo does a fine job in my opinion) but it is still fun.
With participating in fantasy football and March Madness pools, I think I have a shot at Best Sports Wife Ever. I think if I could just get into mixed martial arts I’d definitely win, but I’m just not that dedicated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You said it girl! I too, know enough about it to make interesting to watch, but I don't get the entire thing or know when every flag should be thrown!! Good for you for doing fantasy! That is way more than I could do!
Suzanne
I'm impressed at your success in fantasy football. I am no where near having the desire or skill to run a team, but I'm eager enough to begin some car rides or meal conversations with, "so, whats going on in fantasy football"... I like watching his eyes light up, even if mine slightly glaze over when he gets too detailed in report. =)
Post a Comment