Toddlers are definitely a mixed bag. On one hand, I really love that Sophia is becoming more independent with each day. It truly does make my life easier. But there are times when that independence is not appropriate. Such as when she wants to decide what to eat for dinner (she eats what we eat, no exceptions) or insists on performing a task that she just simply cannot do.
However, I embrace, even encourage, her desire to help with housework. Since she was able, she has been expected to clean up her dishes after dinner. She is quite proud of herself after putting her dishes in the sink, her milk in the fridge, and her napkin (yes, she uses a napkin) in the garbage. The other day after cleaning her place at the table, she asked if she could clean my place. Of course, I let her. As a reward, she was given a whole ice cream sandwich for snack. Now she is eager to help with setting the table and clearing the table. Now if only she were tall enough to use a broom and mop…
No comments:
Post a Comment