If the show is still around by then, I think Sophia might be a contestant on American Idol in 2022. Usually, she doesn’t like singing. She doesn’t like to sing at song time in the mornings with her friends, and she certainly doesn’t like it when Ernie or I sing (not that I can blame her on that one!). That all changed last Thursday night.
She brought out the holder for her top (a toy top made out of wood by Ernie’s uncle) and turned it into a microphone. After interviewing Ernie and me, she put on a show for us. And what a show it was! Complete with two rounds of the ABC’s, followed by an original song about a boat, and then another original song about a helicopter. (These songs were just the words “boat” and “helicopter” repeated over and over to an unrecognizable tune.) We wished we had had the video camera handy, but knew that she’d stop as soon as we got it out. So instead, we just enjoyed her performance.
No comments:
Post a Comment