Saturday, October 4, 2008

Train Show

Today we went to Lynden to see the Model Train Show, held at the fairgrounds. Sophia was so excited to go see the trains. Ever since we started talking about it, she has been asking, “How many sleeps until trains?” She woke up this morning ready to go see the trains!

Sophia was so excited once she saw all of the trains, I thought the room must have been depleted of oxygen, she gasped so much. It was so much fun to see the excitement on her face when the trains would go by. They had model trains of every scale, from the itty-bitty trains to large trains (from say 1 inch tall to about 6 inches tall). The detail of some of the set-ups was amazing. I can’t imagine the amount of time those folks put into their displays. They even had a little train to ride! We of course took a ride on the train.

In the middle of the hall was a train of about four cars, large enough for Sophia to climb all over. She really wanted to get on that train and check it out but we told her no, she was not to touch it. Then, just before we left there were other kids climbing all over the thing, and we figured if they hadn’t been stopped yet, it must be okay. So, Fia got a chance to climb on the train and even paused for a photo op.

1 comment:

Teacher Mama said...

This weekend we took our car through the drive-through car wash and I became a kid again with gasps of glee and anticipation as the big bright spinny things and octopus legs and other larger-than-life cleaning instruments polished us boot to bonnet (err... trunk to hood). I hadn't been in a car wash since I was a small child, and it was a huge HUGE deal and adventure when we did. Reading this post made me realize how childish I must have seemed for those 90 seconds this weekend, but I couldn't help it... all the excitement came back and wow, it was awesome. Three cheers for childhood glee.