I have had quite a few people tell me that I should get Sophia into modeling. While I agree that she is a beautiful girl, I just don’t think it’s for us. And this Christmas, I got more proof that modeling is not a good fit for Sophia.
Sophia attends Westminster Preschool, which is a ministry of Westminster Presbyterian Church. Every year the church puts on a children’s Christmas program. The preschool classes were asked to be the choir of angels and sing “Away in a Manger”. Sophia practiced and practiced and had the first verse down pat. The second verse was a little sketchy, but pretty good for a preschooler, I think.
We had rehearsal on the Thursday before the program. We went upstairs to the church sanctuary to practice and Sophia and I got separated in the crowd. She got upset and refused to go up on stage without me. So I sat on the bottom step and held her hand while she cried through the whole song.
We talked about whether or not to even go to the Christmas program. She told me that another boy in her class was going to get a candy if he went up on stage and sang. I told her she could choose a toy out of her prize bin if she went up on stage and sang without my help. Ernie and I devised a strategy where he would be the one to take her downstairs to get her costume so that she would not ask for me.
All our preparations were to no avail. Sophia would not go on stage without me. So once again I was sitting on the bottom step, holding her hand and wiping her tears while she cried through the whole song. Afterward she asked if she was brave and could she choose a prize? Are you kidding me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment