Sunday, January 24, 2010

Christmas, Round 3….or Ham, Round 2

The day after Christmas, we woke up and started preparing to leave for my dad’s house. We left around noon, caravanning with my sister and her kids. Around Fife, Sophia indicated that she needed to use the restroom. We stopped at the Shell gas station and found that there was a line for the bathroom. Sophia and I high-tailed it across two very busy streets (it seemed to take FOREVER for the lights to change) to try our luck at the Chevron station. There was no line and Sophia was able to hold it until we got there. Whew! I rewarded her with a bag of M&Ms from the convenience store, and then we were on the road again.

We made it to my dad and stepmom’s house just in time for Kaitlyn’s snack at 3pm. We enjoyed ham, scalloped potatoes, green bean casserole, and fruit salad. So yummy! After dinner we sat down together to open gifts. Again, Sophia was glad to help pass out gifts, but equally glad to open them also. After gifts we enjoyed dessert and relaxed. KJ, Brook and I started a puzzle, the kids played, and we watched “It’s a Wonderful Life.” I was amazed to learn that my sister had never seen it, since it is one of my dad’s favorite movies and I remember watching it multiple times each year during the holidays. I cannot figure out how she missed it. Ernie also had never seen it, and they both enjoyed it.

We stayed the night, and Sophia was excited to sleep on the floor with her cousin Samantha. She thought it was so cool to have a slumber party with the big kids. We had a relaxing morning, and KJ, Brook, and I continued working on the puzzle.

We left there late in the afternoon, and the puzzle still wasn’t done. We just couldn’t finish it and keep our sanity at the same time. (I heard two weeks later that KJ finally sat down and finished the puzzle.) We had a wonderful visit! Unfortunately, I was having such a great time that I forgot to ever get out our camera.

No comments: