

I set my alarm clock for 6:45am on Christmas morning, so that I could be sure to wake up before Sophia. I didn’t want her to discover her stocking without an adult present to capture the moment on both video and still cameras. I also wanted to make sure I was up and moving before More Papa arrived – he wanted to be there when Sophia woke up.
I got Kaitlyn up at 7am and started getting her some breakfast. Sophia was still sound asleep. Once Kaitlyn had finished breakfast, we decided it was time to wake up Sophia. More Papa was here, Ernie’s sister Becky had dragged herself out of bed early to be present, and Ernie’s parents were up as well. None of the adults had gotten much sleep, so we were a little jealous that she was still sleeping.
I went into Sophia’s room to wake her up. I asked her who had come last night while she was sleeping? She said “Aunt Becky?” Well yes, that was true, but not the answer I was looking for. I asked again and she said “More Papa?” Also true, but still not the answer I was looking for. I finally had to tell her that Santa came while she was sleeping. She then got out of bed and ran to the living room to see what Santa brought to her.
We checked out our stockings and then we all headed to the kitchen to find some breakfast. Ernie’s mom made coffee cake and a breakfast casserole. Yum! After breakfast, we reassembled in the living room to unwrap the presents that were under the tree. Sophia was a great Santa, happy to pass out presents. She was excited to learn what letter everyone’s name started with so that she could pass presents without help.
After presents were unwrapped we were able to relax for just a bit before preparing for Christmas, Round 2…
No comments:
Post a Comment