Monday, June 29, 2009

Potty Problems...

Potty training had been going so well until today. Then Sophia forgot she was wearing underwear and peed in the middle of the family room. Ernie tackled that cleanup effort while I was busy with Kaitlyn.

I had just woken Kaitlyn up for lunch and her diaper was looking a little loose. Not wanting to chance it, I changed her. As I was washing my hands I heard it - poop! I took her into her room and found out that she had peed through her new diaper (seriously, how do babies direct their waste outside of their diapers?) in addition to the poop. Ernie was starting to lose patience with Sophia and the potty cleanup, so I suggested a trade.

I was working on calming Sophia down and getting her to change clothes when I heard Ernie exclaiming from Kaitlyn's room. Seems she waited until his hand was in the way to poo again, getting it all over his hand, the changing table, the dresser, and the new outfit I had set out to put her in! So, we traded again.

Sophia was calming down and getting cleaned up. I was making sure that Kaitlyn was cleaned up when she did it again! After four diapers and three outfits, Kaitlyn was finally clean.

And then Sophia decided to get in on the action and pooped in her underwear! I think that Ernie and I are even on the poop cleanup tally, but it was hard to keep track!

Luckily we were able to laugh about it all (it was that or cry) and we hope that we never have that much bathroom excitement again! Meanwhile, for the remainder of the day Sophia has stayed clean and dry, and Kaitlyn is at least in the same clothes!

1 comment:

The Hunter Family said...

Wow, that is a lot of mess! We had an experience similar to that when Shaun was first born, but with only 1!! Good job for being able to laugh!
Suzanne