Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sophia's First Professional Haircut

Yesterday, Ernie and I decided to take Sophia out, just the three of us, for a special day. We took her to Great Clips to get her hair cut. It was the first time she'd had her hair cut at a salon (if you can call Great Clips a salon). All of her haircuts to date had been performed by my mom and Ernie's mom. We were a little concerned about how she would behave, since new experiences are not always her favorite. So we bribed her with an ice cream treat at Dairy Queen.

Well we needn't have feared, since Sophia did great! She sat so still while her hair was being cut. She even started a conversation with the hairstylist! She ended up with a cute haircut, and hair that is much more manageable!

Since she behaved so well, she got to choose a treat at Dairy Queen. She chose a Peanut Buster Parfait, but we ordered her a small hot fudge sundae instead. She didn't like it much, so I traded her my Dilly Bar. I hope one day she'll understand the kind of sacrifices I make for her...

Before...

The Haircut...

After and Treat Time!

No comments: