Friday, June 5, 2009

She's Here!


Kaitlyn Ruth Dickason arrived at 4:44pm today, Friday, June 5, 2009! She weighs 7 lb, 4 oz and is 18 3/4 inches long. She is beautiful and doing great. Already we've noticed that she is pretty laid back, barely making noise and content to just hang out.

I am also doing well. I have some mild pain, but that is to be expected. I am super tired, but it is really hard to sleep with all the noises and interruptions that happen in a hospital.

Ernie has been wonderful, as expected. As I type, he is holding Kaitlyn and calming her. I love watching them together!

Sophia is enamored with her baby sister. She is enjoying her first sleepover with friends and was, leading up to today, more excited about the sleepover than meeting Kaitlyn. She never even mentioned the sleepover once she saw Kaitlyn. Sophia has even held Kaitlyn twice, and is proud to be a big sister.

4 comments:

Chantel said...

Congrats on your growing fam. We pray that it's a smooth transition for all of you and that you can get some sleep tonight AND enjoy some food!

Carrie said...

Sorry we can't be there to visit. The teleporter is malfunctioning. Congratulations and good luck.

Ernie: don't tell anyone I told you but it is possible to raise a girl as a boy. Just saying....

Jordan and Carrie

The Hunter Family said...

Congratulations! Glad you all are doing fine!
Suzanne

bird feet said...

Congratulations! What a lovely picture of your two girls together - Kaitlyn even has a contented little expression. Very sweet.