Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sophia’s First X-Ray

First let me say that it’s not as bad as it sounds. Sophia stepped on a toy on Monday afternoon and was in quite a bit of pain. When she still wasn’t able to put any weight on her right foot on Wednesday, I called the doctor. They had us come in and the doctor was puzzled. He couldn’t feel anything wrong, and just couldn’t figure out why she would still be in so much pain if it wasn’t broken. So, he sent her for an X-ray.

I was really glad that we had seen the episode of Curious George where George gets an X-ray. Sophia was excited to be just like Curious George and get an “x-a-ray”. The only problem was that, being pregnant, I couldn’t go in with her. The tech was wonderful and explained what would happen so that Sophia wouldn’t get scared. I helped Sophia get situated and then left the room while the “pictures” were taken. Sophia was so brave! She shed a few tears, but held still and they were able to get good pictures.

Later in the evening when we encouraged Sophia to try walking on the foot, she was finally able to. She told me that the “x-a-ray” fixed her foot. One day later, she is limping slightly, and still crawls as a mode of transportation more often than usual, but she is trying to walk it off. We are optimistic for a full recovery.

1 comment:

The Gresham Clan said...

Hope she feels better soon - poor sweetie!