Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sophia is Three?!?!

On Monday, January 12, 2009, Sophia turned three. We celebrated with dinner out to her favorite restaurant, McDonalds! She even got to have a chocolate milkshake with her dinner. She wasn’t sure what to think about it, since she’d never had one before. Once she finally tasted it (I think she was worried we were tricking her somehow) she was in heaven. (Funny note: Sophia actually shook the cup, thinking that was what made it a milkshake, rather than just plain old milk.)

When we got home Sophia opened presents from us – Wall-E on dvd, Candyland, and two books. Unfortunately it was too close to bedtime to enjoy either the movie or game, but she did get to read her books. (Since then she has watched Wall-E plenty of times, and we’ve played Candyland on two separate occasions. She loves the game and is quite good at it – she has the best record of the three of us!)

There are times that I am excited that Sophia is growing up, and other times that I miss her baby days. How is it that my darling little girl is getting so big, so fast? She amazes us with her wit and her compassion for others. She is learning so much, and continually wants to learn more. Sophia becomes more independent with each day, and I love it sometimes and loathe it others. I love it because it means less work for me! I loathe it because it is another reminder that she is growing up and needs me less. I treasure the times when all she wants to do is snuggle, since they are fewer and further between these days. Even if those times aren’t the most convenient for me, they are my favorite!

1 comment:

Glen D said...

If you think having a 3-year-old daughter means you are losing your baby too fast, you should be the parents of a son with a 3-year-old daughter. Where did the time go?