Please enjoy a few pictures. The first is the profile. She was not cooperative with this shot. The doctors really like to take a look at the profile, and we almost didn't get to see it. The second is of her arm - check out those guns! Now I can understand why I feel those kicks so much - they're actually punches and she's been pumping iron the last few months!


Many of you know that I am a firm believer in surprises, and refused to find out the sex of the baby. I also refused to find out Sophia's gender before she was born. So why the change of heart? Well, there may be some significant changes in the Dickason family in the next few months. We might be moving (more on that later) and I didn't want to move 10+ boxes of girl clothes if I wasn't going to need them. And what is funny to me is that once I mentioned the idea to Ernie about finding out - on Friday - he has done almost everything to change my mind. Mainly, he didn't want me to regret the decision and then be miserable, thus making him miserable, for the remainder of my pregnancy.
And now I'm not sure which way is best. I really enjoyed the anticipation and surprise by not finding out about Sophia. This time though, I was completely sober (as opposed to the morphine drip that accompanies a c-section) and I think I felt it more. Either way, I'm excited that I'll soon have two daughters, who will hopefully have the same kind of wonderful sister bond that I share with my sister. And now, deciding on a name...
2 comments:
yay! Congrats!
I know what you mean about sisters. There's nothing like that bond. I'm so glad Sophia gets a sister! You'll have to just keep working on that boy for Ernie. =)
I totally agree with you Quinn, I felt the same with our two boys. We were surprised the first time, and we found out the second. I felt let down finding out in the OR w/ the morphine drip, that I wasn't able to "feel" much (it didn't help they forgot to tell us it was a boy because they were commenting on how big he was!) And with Weston I was so glad we knew, never regretted it. And now... I have 6 weeks to figure it out, and I'm not sure what to do!
Post a Comment