Monday, May 11, 2009

Pregnancy Update

I had an appointment for an OB check with my doctor in Bellingham today. Okay, not the doctor I usually see, but another doctor in the practice (there are five total). Anyway, she and I agreed that it is best for me to stay home in Ferndale, to stop traveling between Ferndale and Chehalis each weekend, and between Chehalis and Tacoma each day. I am relieved. I dreaded the thought of driving back to Chehalis just to have the same troubles.

I talked with my boss in Tacoma and he will allow me to continue the work I've already started from Bellingham. I also have two audits that I started in Bellingham that still need to be finished. My boss will help me fill in any gaps with other small projects. The supervisor in Bellingham is willing to let me work from the Bellingham office, since they have extra space. I am very grateful for a job that can be so flexible!

Since my first "excitement" last Thursday afternoon, I have had cramps or contractions on two more occasions: Thursday night/Friday morning around 1:30am, lasting two hours, and again for less than an hour on Sunday afternoon. However, no more excitement since then. Today the doctor was very happy with how things look. My blood pressure is up slightly, though not high - just higher than my normal. My other stats look good, and the doctor sees no reason to be concerned as long as I take it easy.

No comments: