Well, I was going to write that everything was going just fine, until this morning. I went to work and started feeling a bit crampy. When it didn't go away, I called my doctor's office and they asked me to get checked out. Since I was in Tacoma, I called Group Health to see where they wanted me to go. They sent me to St Joseph Hospital in Tacoma.
Well, walk into an ER looking very pregnant and you get fast service! I was immediately led back to be admitted, and taken by wheelchair up to the 14th floor where the labor and delivery unit is. It felt right out of a TV show! They hooked me up to monitors and took my vitals. Then I watched TV while I waited for the on-call doctor to come and check things out. (Funny thing - I found an episode of 7th Heaven to watch and it turned out to be the one where Lucy has a baby in the elevator of a department store. I thought, well, at least I'm not in that situation!)
The doctor decided that my body was trying to tell me to slow down. So, he told me to go home to Ernie's parents' house in Chehalis and hang out there until Saturday, when I could drive home to Bellingham. I will see my doctor in Bellingham on Monday and see where we go from here.
Please pray for me and the baby, that we won't have any more "excitement". Please also pray for Ernie who is three hours away and is worried and wishes he could help.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Prayer granted!!!! How scary Quinn, and poor, poor Ernie! We've had "excitement" and I always feel like it's easier for me than for Tyler. Hang in there, lay low, and try not to worry. Saturday will come before you know it! (and now hopefully you can catch up on your blog reading! :-)
We will keep you in our prayers! Take it easy my friend!
Post a Comment