Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sunday Morning Pancakes

Whenever family or friends were visiting from out-of-town for a weekend, my grandpa made pancakes on that Sunday. I have many fond memories around my grandparents’ kitchen table enjoying pancakes and bacon with family. Grandpa made the best pancakes!

Well, we have re-started that family tradition in our house. We have recently started making pancakes for breakfast on Sundays, especially if Chris and Marilyn are here for the weekend. (I don’t make bacon though. Pancakes are enough for me.) The best part is that it makes it easier to get out of bed on the weekend, knowing that there is a reward of pancakes in the kitchen.

Usually, Sophia and I are in charge of pancake breakfast while everyone else sleeps. While I make the pancakes, she gets to work setting the table. Then, when everything is ready, I send her to wake up the rest of the house. They can’t get mad at a cute little girl knocking on their doors to wake them up, especially for pancakes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The secret to Grandpa's pancakes is that he made the batter the night before and left it in the refrigerator until the morning!
Nate learned this from him!
Such good memories!
-Leah

Anonymous said...

And, Bill says he used buttermilk but hid the carton from all of us because he didn't think we would eat them if we knew!

Unknown said...

There is a GREAT recipe for buttermilk pancakes on the Darigold website... I just put in less flour so they are not so fluffy... mm.. Gotta love a good pancake!