
I had my first OB appointment today, and it is confirmed that we are having just one baby. There were some who thought maybe, since I'm already showing and wearing maternity clothes, there might be two (or more!) babies. Thankfully (from my perspective) there is just one.
Currently I am at 11 weeks, 5 days gestation, putting my due date on June 11, 2009. My doctor congratulated me on a due date before summer - he cracks me up! If the due date holds then I'll probably have a C-section around June 4, 2009. The schedule works well, as Ernie can take the 4th and 5th off, plus the next week, and be able to return to school for the last two days of the year. He'll be able to get grades done and clean up his classroom for the summer.
My doctor is happy with how things look right now. The baby moved around quite a bit during the ultrasound and even waved once. Of course, it promptly moved out of the way and we didn't get a picture of the wave. Looks like already this kid might be uncooperative! ;)
According to babycenter.com, the baby is nearly the size of a lime. In the pictures we got from the ultrasound, the image is nearly life-size. It's so crazy to think that it is so small, yet already has hands and feet that we can see!
3 comments:
He/she/it looks just like Ernie!
-Jordan
Good news! I have been told by others with 2+ kids that it doesn't take long to show the second time! Love the ultrasound picture!
Congrats! I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy and delivery!
Tara
Post a Comment