Sunday, November 9, 2008

Pregnancy Update

Well, we had a bit of a scare last night when I noticed that I was bleeding a bit. I immediately called the on-call doctor to get a professional opinion. She confirmed that it was completely normal at this stage in my pregnancy to experience a little bit of bleeding. She said that it might last for a day or two, but not to be concerned unless it got worse. I knew that in my head, but had a hard time getting my heart to understand!

Of course, I was completely freaked out. But Ernie was so calm, and exactly what I needed. He reassured me that the doctor was right and we had nothing to worry about. He hung out with me until I fell asleep. And he never showed a flicker of his own anxiety (though I'm sure he felt some). For those of you who know Ernie well, such a task was not easy for him, and I am so grateful for his calmness.

***Update*** In response to a question left in the comment section...We did not go to church this weekend, as we planned to go this morning. But then I was too freaked out to go anywhere. Instead, Ernie took care of Sophia so that I could have some quiet time. I reflected on Phil 4:2-9 and was reminded not to be anxious but to bring everything to the Lord. So I did and immediately felt calmer. God even gave me a sign that all would be well - I felt a flutter in my stomach similar to what it would feel like to feel a baby move. I know that's not what I felt, since this baby is about the size of a blueberry and I wouldn't be able to feel it move yet, but it was just what I needed. God is good!

Things are going much better today, and I am really glad that we had no plans for today except a few chores (which I have put off until Tuesday). I have been able to relax and calm my nerves.

Other pregnancy-related items:
I am craving Subway sandwiches and apple juice. In an effort to save our budget, Ernie bought me Haggen hoagie rolls and deli meat so that I could make my own sub sandwiches for much cheaper.
I do not enjoy macaroni and cheese at this point. Just thinking about it makes my stomach turn. I tried to get past it, to no avail. I am making my peace with it.
I am still tired, but able to sleep better these days, so am not as tired as I have been. Yay!

2 comments:

The Hunter Family said...

I had the same scare! I thought it was all over. I was crying and couldn't eat anyting until after we went to the doctor. We rushed to the fertility clinic doctor and that is when we saw the first ultrasound with his beating heart flickering on the screen! (We were scheduled to go in anyway in 3 more days to find out if it was 1 or 2 babes). I know the feeling! Still praying for you!
Suzanne

Chantel said...

Thanks for sharing your heart! I will be praying! I would freak out too! During these times though, rest in Jesus. Did you go to church this w/e....Blessed Be His Name!!!! Hope today was truely restful for you!