Monday, August 25, 2008

SoCal Vacation - Day Six

Thursday was a great day. We had little planned, so we had another day to get some extra rest. This time, I actually got to rest along with everyone else! In fact, my mom and sister suggested that Sophia go to their room in the morning so that Ernie and I could have some time to hang out, just the two of us, and be free of parental responsibility for a few hours. Thanks again!

After a morning of relaxing, we headed to the pool. I had yet to see Sophia play in the pool since every other time I had been out running errands. I was excited to see how she'd do. Well, it was a fight to get her to the pool. She didn't want to stop watching Spongebob Squarepants,(seriously, do they put subliminal messages in that show? It's like crack for preschoolers!) or put on her swimsuit, or put on sunscreen, or even walk to the pool. Then, once we got her in the pool, she had a great time. She had so much fun, we had a similar fight to get her out of the pool.

After the pool we had lunch and took naps. Then it was off to LA, this time with the whole group in the 15-passenger van. I am proud to say that I made it through LA during rush hour in a 15-passenger van! Why were we headed to LA? To see a Dodger game! When we started planning the trip, we thought about going to LegoLand. Ernie and I decided that Sophia probably wouldn't care about LegoLand, and we thought we'd go to a Dodger game instead. Well, everyone thought that sounded like more fun, so we all went. (Some might wonder why we didn't just go down the street from Disneyland to see an Angels game. But, they were playing the Mariners, and we can see the Mariners lose to the Angels anytime. And Dodger Stadium is more interesting and has more history.)

We had GREAT seats, in the top level, right behind home plate. We could see the whole ball park from our seats! It was a great game too! Now Ernie and I have checked off "Dodger Stadium" from our list of ball parks to visit. (Okay, we don't really have a list, but whenever we vacation to a baseball city, we like to go to a game if we can. We enjoy visiting other baseball stadiums, but we don't necessarily need to see them all. For instance, I can't think of a reason to visit Detroit, so we probably won't ever see that stadium.)

Before the game Sophia found a pink baseball bag at the teamstore. She HAD to have it, and she and I were able to talk Ernie into buying it. She loves that bag, and now likes to pack it with toys and take it with her wherever she goes. After the game, Sophia had a MAJOR meltdown when we wouldn't let her walk down the stairs all by herself. It was fine to let her walk up the stairs before the game, since there weren't many people around, and we weren't causing any delays. But when the whole ballpark empties at once, no one wants to wait for a 2-year-old to walk down the steps. Oh, did she scream! And kick! I noticed the look of pity in the eyes of other moms who had obviously been there before.

No comments: