We're going to the zoo, zoo zoo. We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo. Wednesday was another early morning so that we could make it to the San Diego Zoo when it opened. We nearly made it (I NEEDED coffee this morning, since I was tired and I was driving!) by the time the gates opened. We were glad that it was overcast, and there were a few sprinkles, and the temperature was mild.
Since we were at the zoo early, most of the animals were active. We saw the flamingos, tigers, hippos, okapis, and monkeys. Then it was off to see the pandas. Sophia was super-excited to see Kung Fu Panda at the zoo. We were lucky that we could see all three pandas (including the baby panda Zhen Zhen). Then we headed to see the polar bears and the zebras. Then we had some lunch, followed by the big cats and the meerkats. The meerkats are much smaller than they look on TV. (I guess the camera really does add ten pounds!)
By this point, Sophia was asleep, which was too bad since she missed the other animals she was excited about - elephants and giraffes. Then it was off to see the koala bears, the other bears, the lions and more of the monkey family. After a quick stop at the gift shop for souvenirs and bathroom breaks, we were done with the zoo. We made it through the zoo before it became too crowded or too hot. I was impressed with the wide range of animals they have at the zoo. I think they have nearly everything!
No comments:
Post a Comment