Monday, March 8, 2010

A Week of Birthdays

Wow was it a week of celebration in the Dickason family! First, I turned 31 (OMG I’m officially in my 30s!) on Sunday, January 10th. Ernie’s parents were kind enough to watch the girls so that Ernie and I could go out for dinner on Saturday night to celebrate. We went to Red Robin in Olympia so that I could enjoy my free “Birthday Burger” and hot fudge sundae. It was all quite yummy, and the wait staff was kind enough to spare me the singing and humiliation. On Sunday, Ernie got up with the girls so that I could sleep in. I cannot believe how long I slept, but I obviously needed it! Ernie and Sophia brought me breakfast in bed – a mocha and a maple bar. I had a very relaxing day, and ended it with dinner of my choosing, cooked by Ernie’s mom. I chose meatloaf, company potatoes, and corn. Ernie’s dad threw in homemade French bread as a bonus. Now, I know most of you are thinking “She ASKED for meatloaf? Isn’t that a punishment rather than a birthday dinner?”, but you haven’t had this meatloaf. It is amazingly good. For dessert we had white cake with rainbow chip frosting. Yum.

So then on Tuesday, January 12th, it was Sophia’s turn for a birthday. She turned 4. I am still in denial that I have a 4-year-old. What has happened to the last four years? We started the celebration early with breakfast in bed – hot chocolate and a doughnut with sprinkles. She also was allowed to open one birthday present from us, and Nana & Papa let her open all of the presents they bought for her. Since it was a school day, we took treats to school so she could celebrate with her friends. For dinner she chose to go to Applebee’s. We thought for sure she’d choose McDonalds or Burger King, but she surprised us! It was a fun day for everyone.

On Thursday, January 14th, we celebrated Ernie’s grandpa’s birthday. He requested chicken tortilla casserole for dinner. Unfortunately, I was late for dinner because I was gathering supplies for Sophia’s birthday party (more on that later). But I did make it home in time for dessert – angel food cake.

We ended the week with Sophia’s birthday party…

No comments: