Since this summer, Sophia has been talking about having a princess cake for her birthday. We went ahead with plans for a princess-themed party. Those who know me, know how much I love a theme party. I count it as something that Tori Spelling and I have in common. I don’t have quite the party budget she has, but I think we share the same affinity for theme parties.
To date, all of Sophia’s birthday parties have been held in our home. This year, we are living with Ernie’s parents and I decided that we needed to have her party elsewhere. I just couldn’t ask to have Sophia’s party there. They had done more than their fair share of entertaining in the previous three months. We looked into available facilities in our area, and most were located within or near parks. Parks with toys to climb on. We ruled out those facilities because, figuring it would be cold and/or raining, we didn’t want to spend the entire party denying kids the chance to play on those toys. We settled on the multi-purpose room at the train depot in Centralia.
Once we settled on the location, I tried a few times to convince Sophia that she should have a Thomas the Tank Engine-themed party. Remember how much I like a theme? I thought it would be more fitting to have a train-themed party at the train station. But no, Sophia had made up her mind and was not about to budge. It killed me that I couldn’t plan a train party for the train station, but I was not about to ruin her party just because I am a bit (A BIT?) OCD.
So we had a princess party at the train depot. We had foam crowns for the kids to decorate and giant princess pictures to color. We were able to keep the kids entertained for quite awhile with those activities. Next came cake and ice cream, and then it was time to open presents. Sophia received wonderful gifts and remembered to say thank you most of the time! We had a great turnout and were so excited to have many family members in attendance, as well as some friends, and Sophia’s preschool classmates. It was a great party!
No comments:
Post a Comment