Sunday, September 20, 2009

We Did the Puyallup

The county fair in Whatcom county (where we moved from) and in Lewis County (where we moved to) both happened the week we moved. We were a little too busy to attend either fair. So we decided on a whim to go to the Puyallup last weekend. Literally, the day it opened I read about it in the paper at work, called Ernie and asked what he thought. He got online and found a good deal for a family pack at Fred Meyer. So I stopped at Freddy’s on my way home from work and we headed out to The Fair the very next day.

We invited Ernie’s parents to join us and they gladly accepted. After getting Kaitlyn fed, we immediately found corn dogs for lunch. I love fair corn dogs! I have since I was a little kid. We wandered through the commercial exhibits, and saw some animals.

But the real excitement was the rides of course! Sophia and I rode the carousel, and the tiger roller coaster. Then we wandered over to the other kid rides, which were for kids only. After deciding she was terrified of riding the blue roller coaster by herself, Sophia settled on the much tamer helicopter ride. Well that ride gave her some confidence – maybe a little too much confidence – and she decided to ride the blue roller coaster after all. Big mistake! It was too scary for her without a buddy, and she cried through the whole thing. She wasn’t the only one – another little girl lost her mind on the roller coaster also. Once she calmed down she decided to try the big bear spinning ride. She loved it! She was able to make it spin all by herself, and she spun it so much we couldn’t get a good picture.

Kaitlyn was such a trooper at the fair, not minding being in her carseat all day. It was hot and sunny and she had to spend most of the day looking at the sun shade of the stroller. I did remember to bring some of her toys that hang from the carseat handle, so she at least had something to do.

We had a great time. I only wish we’d been able to stay long enough for me to get hungry for an elephant ear. I thought about getting one anyway, but knew I’d just end up feeling crummy and decided it wasn’t worth it. But it was a close call.

1 comment:

kjcmoon said...

We did the Puyallup on Sunday with Brodie. He had a ball and we enjoyed watching him, but, boy, was it crowded! Luckily, he didn't mind riding in the stroller.