Sunday, September 20, 2009

Camping at Riffe Lake

So the day that I met the movers to unload our stuff into our storage unit, I also went grocery shopping for our camping trip. Because on Friday, just two days after moving day, we headed out for a camping trip. Crazy? Probably. But so worth it because we had a blast. We went to Riffe Lake for the weekend and camped with my sister and her four kids.

My sister and I felt like we spent most of our time cooking and cleaning up meals. But we had plenty of time to rest and relax as well. We hoped to play some card games, but it was too windy and our cards wouldn’t stay put. Ernie of course enjoyed his pyromaniac time tending the fire. And my sister’s boys got in on the fire fun as well. Heck, even Sophia enjoyed the campfire, but was very careful to stay safe (of course!).

Kaitlyn enjoyed her first camping trip. Ernie thought I was nuts to take a newborn camping. But I know from our experiences with Sophia that it’s much easier to take an immobile baby camping than one that is on the move. My niece and nephews were happy to spend time holding Katy so we actually had an easy time.

It was great to spend time with my sister and her kids without distractions such as computer games and television. We spent a lot of time just hanging out spending quality time together. We made some great memories, and we’re already making plans for another camping trip next year.

No comments: