Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ernie has Become a SAHD (kind of)

On September 1st I returned to work in the Tacoma office. I returned to a new cubicle (with a window!), a new position, and a new manager. A lot of changes happening all at once – but all are good changes. I am excited for the new challenges that my new position brings. I really do enjoy my job. I know that I am very blessed to be able to say that and mean it, and I try really hard not to take it for granted.

While I have returned to work, Ernie has started substitute teaching. With so many teacher lay-offs in our area, teaching jobs were hard to come by. So Ernie has signed up to substitute teach. Since it is still early in the school year, there haven’t been many opportunities to sub, so Ernie has been taking care of the girls. Most days Ernie enjoys being a Stay-At-Home-Dad.

On days when Ernie subs, his mom takes care of the girls. Eventually, Patty will take care of the girls full-time. But for now, she continues working whenever Ernie can be home. It is an awesome situation for everyone, and a situation that we are very grateful for!

No comments: