I have had a few doctor's appointments since my last pregnancy update post that I have neglected to write about. But for good reason, since there's nothing much to report! The doctors are very happy with my weight gain, blood pressure, baby movement, etc.
The big news is that my c-section has been scheduled - for Friday, June 5th at 4pm. That's right, FOUR PM! I am not allowed to eat or drink for the eight hours previous, which means nothing after 8am. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do without food or drink all day. Ernie's mom suggested I stay up all night eating, and then go to bed until it's time to go to the hospital. I think that's my only viable option, but I'm waiting to hear what the doctors suggest.
I don't have much to complain about. The baby likes to kick me in my left side and stick out a limb, which is slightly painful. And my hips hurt regularly. Other than that though, things are going pretty well.
I have reached the point where my fingers are getting larger and I am no longer able to wear my wedding and engagement rings, which makes me sad. Luckily I have a spare ring to wear, which was given to me by my uncle's mom when I was a little girl. It doesn't have any monetary value, but is valuable to me. (And Ernie says I'm not sentimental.) I also have noticed that my nice shoes are not comfortable to wear for the entire day. I can wear tennis shoes all day, but not my loafers at work. Thank goodness for my office bunny slippers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Now the count down is on!!! June 5 does not seem like it's that far away, then I realized I'll deliver 6 weeks after you, and now I'm really thinking it's not that far away. How is work going? Settling in? The commute?
Post a Comment