I haven't posted much to the blog in awhile, and I have to admit, there won't be much posting to come in the near future. I have a lot going on right now and updating the blog isn't even on the radar for the to-do list.
So, what's going on? And why can't I sleep? Where should I start?
We sold the Ferndale house. Yay! And while that is a good thing, the sale has not been an easy one. We agreed to an offer that leaves us with writing a check at closing just to make it happen. Not ideal, but it gets us out of that house and able to move on. Then we got the inspection report, and we had to replace the siding in order to get the appraisal to pass. Another check to write for a house we will no longer own or live in. (Sigh) And we have yet to receive the final appraisal report, so there may still be some things to do. We should find out later today. Please keep your fingers crossed for good news! We are scheduled to close no later than September 17th, and all parties are interested in moving that date up if possible. I'm not sure I will believe it until I sign on the dotted line. There have been so many setbacks in selling this house.
We bought a house in Olympia. Yay! Oh my, I just realized that I haven't yet posted the details. Here is the listing online if you'd like to take a look. We are scheduled to close on this purchase on September 28th. We had the inspection on Saturday and will likely ask for a few repairs or allowances to make the repairs ourselves. Nothing major, but things we are not willing to let go. So now I have a move to coordinate, with belongings coming from our storage unit mostly, but of course we have some things at Ernie's parents' house too. Thankfully, I don't have an entire house to pack!
In the midst of real estate transactions, my mom is having brain surgery. Yikes! She has a benign tumor affecting the hearing center in her brain. She has had trouble with her hearing for years and just recently was able to get a diagnosis. I will accompany her to her pre-operative appointments this week, and will transport her to and from Swedish Medical Center in Seattle next week. After she returns home, she will be very limited in her activities. I am working on coordinating meals and visits for her recovery, and Ernie and I will fill in the gaps. Prayers for a successful surgery and quick recovery are appreciated.
And at work, I'm coming up on a big deadline, with lots left to finish.
So put all of this together and I wake up many nights around 3AM, unable to turn off my brain and go back to sleep. I've made many to-do lists, I've scheduled out everything that I can, but there are just so many variables that I can't plan for. And it's the variables that keep me up at night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment