Monday, December 14, 2009

BLACK FRIDAY!!!!!

Let me start by explaining that I never was much of a Black Friday shopper…until Ernie and I got married. I’m not sure why it changed then, it just did. I get more serious every year, and this year was no exception. The first year I enjoyed Black Friday, I went to the mall around 10am. It wasn’t too busy, I think because I was in between the crazies who were there when stores opened and the people who were still recovering from turkey hangover. My how things have changed!

Now I’m one of the “crazies.” This year, Patty and I left the house at 3:45 AM(!) to pick up her sister and head to Olympia to get some deals. We wanted to be at ToysRUs at 4:30am so that we could gather our purchases and check out right at 5am when the sale prices took effect. Then we headed straight to Target. After a quick coffee stop, we were on to Macys at 6am. We stayed at the mall for a little bit before heading to Lacey to shop at Kohls, Michaels, and finally Costco. We were home by 1pm, and we had made a sizeable dent in our Christmas shopping lists.

I got some great deals, most of which I cannot publish on my blog. One thing that I bought for us was a down comforter with two pillows at Macys for $40! How great is that? I was also able to score a pots and pans set at Macys for $30 (regularly $100) for a family my office is adopting for Christmas.

No comments: