Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Quick Update

Okay, I know that I've been terrible about blogging. And there are many reasons for that. I might get into those reasons later. But for now, an update.

We have moved! We moved into our house in Tumwater on October 2nd. We were blessed to have friends and family on hand to help us load our stuff from our storage unit and unload it into our new house. The move went quite smoothly - it helps that everything was already in one place (the storage unit) and was unloaded into a 1-story house (and most just went into the garage). We are slowly settling in, refusing to stress about the boxes left to unpack. Our motto is "They'll still be there tomorrow!" We are lucky to have a very large garage, so even though we have plenty left to unpack we are already able to park both cars in the garage. And with the change in the weather last week, we are very glad to be parking inside!

Ernie is staying home with the girls Monday through Thursday while I work 10-hour days. I have Fridays at home to spend with the girls, freeing Ernie to substitute teach on Fridays. Fridays are the most requested day for subs, and I get to miss the Friday evening traffic. It really is a win-win for us!

Sophia started preschool at Olympia High School. The high school offers an early childhood education class, and the preschool is their learning lab. Sophia has school Monday through Thursday in the afternoons. She loves it and is learning so much!

Kaitlyn is growing like a weed, and wants so much to be like her big sister. She adds new words to her vocabulary all the time - more than Sophia at this age. She loves to dance and be read to, and is a bit mischievous. She and Sophia have both enjoyed unpacking the boxes of toys - it's like Christmas came early!

And for those interested in pictures of the new house - they are coming.

No comments: